The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Thursday, August 03, 2006

UPDATES!

Now at this lab a few labs away from my lab, they use a lot of LB broth. I used to love the smell of LB broth... cos it reminds me of chicken essence.. and i totally dig chicken essence. They are the onli and sole reason why i look forward to exam periods. But this lab... it effectively turned me off LB broth.. and chicken essence. The LB broth smell coming from that lab is so strong and so terribly nauseating... every time before lunch I gotta pass by that lab before i can go out the door to go lunch. It just turns me off lunch!!! Sighhh...

Some other updates about work... i got to use some programme called mutation surveyor today! We look for mutations! I was so excited i might be finding novel mutations.. cos all the way from getting the samples to sequencing i had my hands on this project.. but a bit disappointing cos I didnt find any in the region of interest. Next we are gonna look thru the entire gene and not just the region of interest. Hope results will be better! YAY!

Anw.. the lastest gossip at work recently focussed on this Astar scholar with bright pink hair. HAHA and a nose ring.. working in a lab on my level. Should be imcb. She's 2 yrs my jnr.... going to start her uni life soon. My colleagues never saw an Astar scholar like her before and all were quite surprised. Anyway we concluded that she must have dyed her hair and gotten her nose ring after the Astar interview cos we seriously doubted that the interviewers would have accepted someone with bright pink hair and a nose ring.

Reminds me of the time just after my As.. wanted so much to get bright pink hair. But chickened out the last minute HAHAHAHA shit lor should be like Pan.. so brave with her hair color right! But now mellowed already. Anywayz... as I was telling my colleague.. when I was once young and gullible, i might have gotten that kinda hair style.. but now? Yea.. I'm thinking of coloring my hair purple before I go Vancouver.. but not the bright bright purple.. More like dark purple. Close to blackish. Sick of brown.

These few days gonna be very busy. Just came back from food testing for my bday catering. The food is gonna be catered by Siam Kitchen!! GOOD RIGHT! I'm so nice to my frens.. all better come arh!! If not u all die! Anw.. the food is really not bad. I must say. There are some dishes specially for house parties... ONLY for house parties. Not available even at their restaurants. SO MUZ COME K! Only chance to try those dishes. And desserts. The desserts are really out of this world.. i juz tried them. Trust me.

Anw think i'm gonna rebond my hair next sat. Yes my bday. But i really din wan to... would have prefered another day. But cos this is a special rate. My aunt's hairstylist just got this new product for free. It's really natural and smooth.. she tried it on the supplier of the product already. So ya.. she's willing to do it for us at a really discounted rate. Charging us onli for the service and not the product! COOL! But only available timing is next sat. I'm so worried i would look like Cleopatra.. my aunt told me this bright idea. She asked me to theme my party.. Egyptian Night! So everyone must look like Cleopatra arh!!! If not cannot enter!!! HEE HEE!!


Just checked out Edventure.. next sem's stuff are out! Shit lor.. tho next sem is a really heavy sem, but it looks damn interesting and fun can! Especially cancer bio... cos I cant match it with any mods in UBC. Sadness.. my fav topic. And they are gonna be lectured by DAVID LANE!!! OMG OMG OMG!! My boss!!! Nobel prize winner!! ARGHH!! p53!! And the labs even better.. they get to play with cancer cell lines!!! SHIT LOR I WANNA DO THAT TOO!! ARGHHH and neurobio oso they get interesting labs from wat i've read!!! ARGHHH and research seminars look interesting too.. not just interesting but oso necessary for the scientific research.. they are skills you will need lor!! To write papers. ARGHH!!! Sian 1/2!

Good thing is i'm doing a cancer related attachment now. My mentor does some cancer cell line work too. But those cell lines are extremely sensitive.. so i dun get to touch. But i get to learn. Hopefully one day he will trust my skills enuf to let me touch!! YAY!! Today I just saw them splitting cells... tmr they are gonna carry out an expt on the cells... sounds damn fun can!!! OMG!! I cant wait!!

Anw these few days gonna be damn bz.. y leh? Tmr night staying over at Ja's!! Then tmr oso meeting Andrea, Reuben, Jess, and maybe Ash for lunch! Hope i can meet them.. cos doing cell work might be late for lunch.. haiz. But cell work is damn interesting.. dowan to miss it too.. dilemma! Then Sat... not sure yet.. but def will have plans. Sunday... tuition in the morning.. MEWUK gathering after that!!! YAY!!!!!!!

K k.. this blog is gonna die soon. I'm opening a new one soon. SOON! After i get ard to designing the skin ok!! For my vancouver trip!! YAY!!

1 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Bollywood Gossips said...

Thanks for the information great to share.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home