The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Friday, July 28, 2006

At work

Ohh i am at work now!! SLACKING as usual... today nothing to do.. cos everyone else in the office is busy working on some stuff that i dun understand as yet.. havent learnt about.

Anw since i'm in the office, might as well lemme tell u a bit more abt my work and my job.

I've worked in many places, doing many diff kinds of jobs. Sure i've had jobs that offer me much higher pays than this.. but i've never been happier working anywhere else.

This is the kinda job for me.. it is the kinda job of my dreams. I'm born to be a scientist.

U wanna keep me in a white collared 9-5 office, u need a rope to tie me down. U want me to stand up all day doing sales or sitting in a bank talking to people.. i'd rather you shoot me dead. I earn more.. but what's the point?

I may nag a bit and complain a bit about having to do so much PCR and run so many gels and risk dying of Ethidium Bromide poisoning but then deep down i know.. i cant get another job i will enjoy more than this. It is not just about the pay. It is what we are doing that makes it so special and meaningful. We are trying to better the lives of Mankind! Ok i know this sounds really idealistic.. but it's this thought that kept me going all the way, kept me firmly rooted to this job and this dream... that is the thing about this job that makes it so special.

And sometimes.. when u are bordering on discovering something really interesting and fantastic that no one has ever discovered before.. that kinda exhilaration is nothing you've ever felt before. Its indescribable.

So.. i'm trying to make the most out of my life at the moment! Every moment is filled up with interesting things.. since holidays started i've never had a quiet moment. I've tried so many different things in these 3 months! First I took intersem. Well that can hardly be counted as interesting yes I know... but well.. let's pretend Astro is interesting la. Meanwhile, I also tried sales, promoting products @ the PC fair... and I also had a stint at this logistics company, working as a data entry personnel.. and then i applied for an attachment... at Biopolis... and got it!

There were other interesting stuff as well.. like going to KL!!! And the climax must have been that not too long ago.. FOC!!!! All the new and interesting people I got to know.. people who've been studying alongside with me for 2 years but I never took the time to get to know well... and now really regret not doing that.

Another exciting event awaits.. my exchange!!!! GAWD!!! i cant wait!!! If only every single day of my life could be like this.. filled with excitement and entertainment... OHH i cant wait for vancouver!!!!

And i'm planning on going NYC while on my exchange!!! Emily's gonna bring me around!!! YAY YAY YAYYYYY!!!!

And i'm also planning to go Mongolia or Tibet to backpack some day soon!!!! Finally found someone with the same interest who's willing to go with me!!! YAY YAYYYYYY oh man i cant wait... the greens... the grass... the beautiful people with rosy cheeks... the sands.. the desert... its gotta be soon cos i'm graduating soon and I predict i will have to enter the workforce almost immediately cos its either that or i wont be able to get a job. And the next long holiday I have I will have to start on my FYP. And to backpack, u need a pretty long amt of time. At least 2 weeks... to be able to see and truly appreciate the culture and way of living of the people over there.

Why backpack!? Why not go on a guided tour? Safer! Nicer! More comfortable! But wat u see is totally different. It is a total different experience if you backpack. You live like the people over there, you see more learn more. You dont juz see what they package nicely for tourists... u see the real life!!! COOL RIGHT!

K siao liao i gtg... this is company time HAHA I juz spent an hr plus blogging.. and getting paid!!! HAHAHAHA